Need to File Bankruptcy in New Jersey?
NJ Bankruptcy Attorney Serving Monmouth County and throughout New Jersey
Bankruptcy provides debt relief and a fresh start to many individuals and businesses. However, some people may avoid filing bankruptcy because of how they think it will look, the perceived stigma attached to filing for bankruptcy or due to a lack of understanding
Just because you are going through hard times does not mean you have no available options. You need the assistance of an experienced New Jersey bankruptcy attorney to recognize what is in your best interests.
Why Do I Need a New Jersey Bankruptcy Attorney?
Whether it is an individual or a business that is facing the prospect of bankruptcy, the process will be daunting with several potential pitfalls along the way. This is especially true for those who try to go through the bankruptcy process without an attorney or under the guidance of an inexperienced bankruptcy lawyer.
At Garland & Mason, L.L.C., attorney Gary L. Mason has been representing debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings for more than 25 years. He helped both New Jersey residents and business clients through the bankruptcy process. We know the Bankruptcy Code inside out. Therefore, we know how to avoid making errors that can lead to devastating consequences. We have appeared in all three bankruptcy courts throughout New Jersey on behalf of clients in Monmouth County, Mercer County, Ocean County and Middlesex County.
What Types of Issues Can a New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyer Handle?
At Garland & Mason, L.L.C., we offer a wealth of information and several options for New Jersey residents and businesses considering bankruptcy or alternatives to bankruptcy, including:
- Chapter 7 – This procedure lets you discharge your debts and lets you save some of your assets.
- Chapter 13 – This process lets you propose a plan to pay off your secured debts and pay just a small sum on your unsecured debts.
- Bankruptcy and Homes – The main concern individuals have in bankruptcy is how to keep their current home.
- Bankruptcy and Divorce – Financial difficulties and marital difficulties often go hand in hand.
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Process – Garland & Mason, L.L.C. will explain every stage of the bankruptcy process.
- Commercial Business Bankruptcy – Businesses can file for bankruptcy as well as individuals.
- Credit Counseling in New Jersey – Before filing for bankruptcy, you will be required to take a credit counseling course.
- Creditor Harassment – How to stop debt collection calls and what recourse you have if your creditors do not stop.
- How to Avoid Filing Bankruptcy – Bankruptcy may not be the best option for debt relief in all situations.
- Disadvantages and Advantages of Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy Exemptions in NJ
- Reaffirmation Agreements – Reaffirmation agreements allow you to discharge most of your debts.
- Recovery after Bankruptcy – Garland & Mason, L.L.C. will explain how a bankruptcy can help put you on the road to a fresh financial start.
- Repossessions – Bankruptcy can be an immediate but temporary solution to repossession.
- Secured Debt vs. Unsecured Debt:
- Short Sales
- Stop Foreclosure
- Stop Wage Garnishment
Call an Experienced NJ Bankruptcy Lawyer for a Free Consultation
For more information about the New Jersey bankruptcy process and how our bankruptcy lawyers may be able to help, call us at (732) 358-2028. You can also visit our contact page to set up a free consultation with an NJ bankruptcy attorney.