Gary L. Mason
Location: Manalapan, New Jersey
Phone: (732) 358-2028
Fax: (732) 358-2029
Email: E-mail Me
Gary L. Mason is admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the New Jersey Supreme Court, the State of New York, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Mason is the Managing Member of the firm and has been selected by the Law and Politics division of New Jersey Monthly for inclusion on the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers*, an honor received by only 5% of New Jersey’s 85,000+ attorneys, and is also listed in the Madison Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals, United Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals and a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America. He has earned an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards, and has also received the Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award, for excellence in quality of service, overall value, responsiveness and communication ability. His clients describe him as a “lawyer’s lawyer.” His clients’ interests are paramount and he strongly believes in helping the client understand what lawyers and the legal system can and cannot do, what benefits and risks are involved in pursuing alternative courses of action and what the cost is likely to be. Despite public attacks on lawyers and the legal profession, Mr. Mason holds dear the notion that lawyers are public servants, that the practice of law is nothing but honorable and that the lawyer’s only job is to safeguard and pursue the client’s best interests, while maintaining the integrity of the legal process. After working with several reputable law firms throughout the State of New Jersey, including one of New Jersey’s largest firms, Mr. Mason found that he was best able to pursue these goals by building his own firm, which he has operated since 1997.
Mr. Mason has a particular expertise in business law and litigation, commercial transactions and litigation, lender liability, including predatory lending and truth in lending litigation, personal and corporate bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, corporate and partnership formations and disputes, licensing, marketing, franchising, legal malpractice (involving underlying complex business transactions), employment counseling and litigation, including wrongful discharge, restrictive covenants, discrimination and sexual harassment claims. Mr. Mason has tried jury and bench trials in both state and federal court and has been described as a tenacious litigator.
Mr. Mason believes that every lawyer has a duty to give back to the community. He has done so by being an active member with several bar associations and charitable organizations. Mr. Mason has served on the Board of Directors for New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the American Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Committee Planning Board. He is an active member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment, Litigation and Business Law committees, as well as the Monmouth County Bar Association Professionalism Committee and Commercial Litigation and Banking Committee. Mr. Mason regularly volunteers his time to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and previously served as the regional director for Comfort Zone Camp, Inc., a non-profit bereavement camp for children who have lost a sibling, parent or primary caregiver. He resides with his wife Marcy and children Jacob, Noah and Allie in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Business Transactions and Business Litigation
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant Matters
- Commercial Transactions and Litigation
- Corporate and Partnership Formations and Disputes
- Employment Litigation/Discrimination
- Franchising and Licensing
- Legal Malpractice (involving an underlying business transaction)
- Litigation-Related Matters
- Real Estate – Residential and Commercial
- Restrictive Covenant Litigation
- Sexual Harassment
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- New England Law, Boston, Massachusetts – 1990
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA – 1987
- Louis Berger & Associates
- Quality Building, Inc.
- Labor Union Benefit Services
- Claire’s Boutique, Inc.
- Re/Max Central
- Marlboro Pop Warner Football League
- Global Licensing and Marketing, L.L.C.
- DRM Waste Management, Inc.
- Coast Orthopedic Associates, P.A.
- Amity Mortgage Corp.
- Avanti Salon & Spa, Inc.
- Coughlin Duffy, LLP
- Velocity Financial Group, Inc.
- Universal Training Institute, Inc.
- Lifeblood Medical, Inc.
- Solamar Travel Bureau, Inc.
- The Belfer Group, Inc.
- Blue Diamond Contracting, LLC
- VIE Healthcare, Inc.
- Ho-Ro Trucking Co., Inc.
- Iron Sound Productions, LLC
- Independent Fire Company of Belford
- G.B. Ltd. Operations Co., Inc.
- Green Field Construction Group
- New World Stainless, LLC
- QSA National, Inc.
- Securus Direct, LLC
- Fields of Dreams, LLC, d/b/a Sportika
- Lamborghini Winery, LLC
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards)
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award for excellence in quality of service, overall value, responsiveness and communication ability
- Selected by the Law & Politics division of New Jersey Monthly as a New Jersey Super Lawyer, an honor received by only 5% of New Jersey’s 85,000+ attorneys
- Madison Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals
- United Who’s Who Registry of Executives and Professionals
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Board of Directors, 1998 – 2002
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Civil Practice, Labor and Employment Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Legal Education & Commercial Litigation Committees
- American Bar Association, Litigation, Labor & Employment Law Committees
- American Bar Association, Business Law Committees
- Monmouth County Bar Association, Business Law/Litigation, Finance and Budget Committee
- Monmouth County Bar Association, Chancery Practice and Labor and Employment Law Committees
- Banking/Commercial Law, Chair, 2006 – 2007
Pro Bono Activities
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Comfort Zone Camp, Inc.
- President, Millstone United Travel Soccer League
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.