Consumer Protection in New Jersey
Legal Remedies For Victims Of Unscrupulous Businesses
The New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act and other state and federal laws protect consumers when businesses rip them off in transactions or refuse to honor their contractual obligations.
Getting justice under these laws requires forceful legal representation. If a business took advantage of you and then stiff-armed or ignored you when you complained, the Monmouth County, NJ law firm of Garland & Mason, L.L.C., can help. We have a record of results in consumer fraud litigation.
Our accomplished trial lawyers have advocated for clients in out-of-court resolution and in courtroom litigation in a wide range of consumer protection cases:
- Lemon law — Car manufacturers and dealers must offer replacement or refund for a new vehicle with repeat defects or breakdowns.
- Construction litigation — We hold builders responsible for nonperformance, substandard workmanship, inferior materials or construction defects (leaks, foundation cracks, etc.).
- Contractor fraud — We sue service providers (remodeling, appliance repair, roofing, lawn service, etc.) for breach of contract, misrepresentation, overbilling and other fraudulence.
- Consumer fraud — We take retailers, health clubs, auto dealers, funeral homes and other businesses to task for bait-and-switch tactics, false advertising, failure to disclose and other fraud or deceptive practices.
- Breach of warranty — Businesses may be liable for failure to replace, repair, refund or otherwise honor an express warranty or implied warranty.
- Other fraud or unfair business practices.
Stand Up For Your Rights
New Jersey has some of the strongest consumer protection laws in the country, but in most cases you will still need an experienced attorney to right the wrong. If you feel you have been defrauded, call our consumer protection attorneys (732) 358-2028 or contact us online. We serve clients in Monmouth County and surrounding counties of New Jersey.