Need to File Bankruptcy in New Jersey?
NJ Bankruptcy Attorney Serving Monmouth County and throughout New Jersey
Bankruptcy provides debt relief and a fresh start to many individuals and businesses. However, some people may avoid filing bankruptcy because of how they think it will look, the perceived stigma attached to filing for bankruptcy or due to a lack of understanding
Just because you are going through hard times does not mean you have no available options. You need the assistance of an experienced New Jersey bankruptcy attorney to recognize what is in your best interests.
Why Do I Need a New Jersey Bankruptcy Attorney?
Whether it is an individual or a business that is facing the prospect of bankruptcy, the process will be daunting with several potential pitfalls along the way. This is especially true for those who try to go through the bankruptcy process without an attorney or under the guidance of an inexperienced bankruptcy lawyer.
At Garland & Mason, L.L.C., attorney Gary L. Mason has been representing debtors and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings for more than 25 years. He helped both New Jersey residents and business clients through the bankruptcy process. We know the Bankruptcy Code inside out. Therefore, we know how to avoid making errors that can lead to devastating consequences. We have appeared in all three bankruptcy courts throughout New Jersey on behalf of clients in Monmouth County, Mercer County, Ocean County and Middlesex County.
What Types of Issues Can a New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyer Handle?
At Garland & Mason, L.L.C., we offer a wealth of information and several options for New Jersey residents and businesses considering bankruptcy or alternatives to bankruptcy, including:
- Chapter 7 – This procedure lets you discharge your debts and lets you save some of your assets.
- Chapter 13 – This process lets you propose a plan to pay off your secured debts (your home and your car) and pay just a small sum on your unsecured debts (credit cards, medical bills and other debts).
- Bankruptcy and Homes – The main concern individuals have in bankruptcy is how to keep their current home or make it easier to get a new house after a bankruptcy dismissal. We will explain the short sale process, your ability to strip a second mortgage and the possible benefits of loan modifications.
- Bankruptcy and Divorce – Financial difficulties and marital difficulties often go hand in hand. It is possible to get your finances in control which, in turn, can then help your marital situation.
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Process – Garland & Mason, L.L.C. will explain every stage of the bankruptcy process from the initial interview with our firm through the filing, discharge and life after bankruptcy. This includes explaining an automatic stay, which will stop creditor calls.
- Commercial Business Bankruptcy – Businesses can file for bankruptcy as well as individuals. However, you cannot just walk away from a bad business. All aspects of the business need to be resolved. We can also explain the Chapter 7 business bankruptcy option.
- Credit Counseling in New Jersey – Before filing for bankruptcy, you will be required to take a credit counseling course. We can advise you about which course will be best for you.
- Creditor Harassment – How to stop debt collection calls and what recourse you have if your creditors do not stop.
- How to Avoid Filing Bankruptcy – Bankruptcy may not be the best option for debt relief in all situations. Learn what you can do to lessen your debt burden and hopefully avoid filing bankruptcy altogether!
- Disadvantages and Advantages of Bankruptcy – Bankruptcy is a stressful process. Hiring an experienced bankruptcy lawyer with the compassion and knowledge to help you through the process can be comforting.
- Bankruptcy Exemptions in NJ
- Reaffirmation Agreements – Reaffirmation agreements allow you to discharge most of your debts. However, you can save some of the important ones like your home and your car. It requires approval from the creditor and the bankruptcy court.
- Recovery after Bankruptcy – After bankruptcy, you will need to start fresh. Garland & Mason, L.L.C. will explain how a bankruptcy can help put you on the road to a fresh financial start.
- Repossessions – Bankruptcy can be an immediate but temporary solution to repossession. We will also explain which remedies can help you keep your possessions.
- Secured Debt vs. Unsecured Debt: What the difference is and what you need to know about discharging it
- Short Sales
- Stop Foreclosure
- Stop Wage Garnishment
Call an Experienced NJ Bankruptcy Lawyer for a Free Consultation
For more information about the New Jersey bankruptcy process and how our bankruptcy lawyers may be able to help, call us at (732) 358-2028. You can also visit our contact page to set up a free consultation with an NJ bankruptcy attorney.